Currently viewing all articles written in 2019
- Commercial eSpeaking Issue 53
- Malley & Co present the Spring 2019 issue of Commercial eSpeaking
- The Employment Relations (Triangular Employment) Amendment Bill
- The Employment Relations (Triangular Employment) Amendment Bill received Royal assent on the 27th of June 2019. The Bill comes into force at the expiry of 12 months from the date of assent, or at an earlier date selected by the Governor General.
- Do you have the right to play the music you’re playing?
- A 2018 High Court decision has shown you should consider your right to use a third party’s intellectual property, such as playing music in the course of your business operations
- PPSR lease losses
- When the Personal Property Securities Register (the PPSR) was established in 1999, most businesses were quick to catch on that it was a good idea to register security over goods that were sold under a line of credit. What wasn’t so easily recognised is that the register was designed to also capture leases of goods that are indefinite or extend past one year.
- Changes to Domestic Violence Protection Orders
- If you are in, or have been in, a domestic relationship with a person you consider is being violent towards you, you may be able to apply for a protection order under the Domestic Violence Act 1995.
- Commercial eSpeaking Issue 52
- Malley & Co present the winter 2019 issue of Commercial eSpeaking